Sunday, April 24, 2016

Digital Blog Post #F


A concept that really caught my attention was "WebQuests, Virtual Field Trips, and Videoconferencing" in chapter 6. I had always thought that field trips were a great way of learning for students. I had no idea about virtual field trips and videoconferencing. I was surprised with how many different places were available for virtual field trips including the Great Wall of China. I think this is really great because a lot of schools and students can not afford educational trips. I will definitely incorporate these into my curriculum as a future teacher. 
In chapter 12 I really liked the concept of "inclusion and infusion of technology". I was not previously familiar with these two concepts and did not realize the huge difference in technology use in schools. Inclusion means that computers and information technologies are used mainly for transferring information and practicing skills but not central to students day to day educational experiences. Infusion on the other hand means that computers and other information technologies are ongoing features of teaching and learning in all academic subjects at all grade levels and are a continuing part of the day to day educational experience for students. In my classroom I would like to implement the concept of infusion because the text explains that ongoing an interesting uses of technology increases motivation and engagement which also increases everyone's ideas and creativity. I want to make sure my students are always interested  and engaged in what they are learning about and I feel that infusion will help me achieve that. 

Another concept in chapter 12 that I liked was the "one to one laptop computing" concept. I felt that this concept went hand-in-hand with the concept previously mentioned by helping implement infusion of technology. The one-to-one laptop computing concept means every student in a grade, school, or district has her or his own computing device to use in school. It is said that one to one programs reduce did usual inequality by providing every student with a computer. Research studies have shown the program positively affects student learning. I do believe that this program does reduce inequality among the students which is one of the main reasons I would love to implement this program in my classroom along with the fact that it helps me also implement infusion.



Maloy, R., O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S., & Woolf, B. (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment